Leading health and social care services in Scotland
HSCS | Health and Social Care Scotland is a national collaboration through which those who lead change within health and social care partnerships can come together to learn from each other, work collectively and support one another to deliver better health and wellbeing outcomes for the people of Scotland.
Who we are
We are a network of health and social care leaders.
We represent the 31 health and social care partnerships in Scotland – chief officers, integration authority (IJB) chairs and vice chairs, chief finance officers and strategic commissioning managers of health and social care services.
HSCS | Health and Social Care Scotland is led by the Chief Officer Executive Group and supported by a small team.
Our shared vision
A Scotland where health and social care services are delivered in a sustainable and integrated way and people receive the treatment, care and support they need at the right time and in the right setting, with a focus on community based and preventative approaches.
- We will support the planning of integrated health and social care services in our communities, to be delivered in a radically reformed way to achieve Scotland’s health and wellbeing outcomes.
- We will champion the voices of people who use our services, our staff and our communities.
- We will promote the interests of people in need of health and social care services by working together to shape and influence policy, practice and legislation.
- We will work collaboratively with partners from across our communities and care sectors to help deliver sustainable health and social care services in Scotland.
- We will support the development of capable and confident system leaders to work strategically across the health and social care sector.
HSCS | Health and Social Care Scotland is led by the Chief Officer Executive Group. Executive group meetings are open to any chief officer who wishes to and is able to attend. The group meets bi-monthly and co-ordinates the business of the Chief Officer Group (membership of the Chief Officer Group is open to all appointed chief officers of health and social care partnerships).